- August 24, 2015
There is money for national minorities’ culture development
The Department of national minorities under the Lithuanian Government announces a competition for financing the projects that concern developing the cultures of national minorities.
The projects will concern:
1. spreading the national minorities’ culture in Lithuania
2. activities taken on behalf of minority children and youth
3. preserving the cultural heritage of national minorities
4. functioning of national minorities’ weekend schools
5. development of national tolerance, fighting rasism and preventing discrimination on nationality basis
6. development of national minorities’ culture and cooperation with South-East Lithuania in the area of culture
7. integration of Roma minority and developing national identity
Grant applications (the Department will fund max 80% of the project’s costs) can be submitted from 24 August 2015 to 11 September 2015 and are aimed at registered in Lithuania associations, fundations and public benefit organisations acting in the field of minorities’ culture development and representing their interests. Applications submitted by individuals will not be accepted.
Additionally, apart from the application one should also submit a copy of a registration certificate and a copy of statute/charter.
The Department underlines the fact that projects containing renovation of cultural buildings or purchase of property will not be financed.
The application form can be downloaded from www.lrkm.lt/go.php/lit/cia
Send applications from Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania’s address:
Kultūros ministerija, J. Basanavičiaus g. 5, LT-01118 Vilnius
Please add a note on the envelope „The Department of national minorities under the Lithuanian Government” („Tautinių mažumų departamentui prie LRV Ryšių su tautinėmis bendrijomis skyriui”).
For more information please contact the head of the Department of national minorities, R. Paliukienė (8 5 219 34 03).
It should be noted that in November 2014 the Ministry of Cultre announced almost the same competition [link: http://l24.lt/pl/kultura-pl/item/42719-dofinansuja-projekty-upowszechniajace-kulture-mniejszosci-narodowych]
Translated by Klaudia Chmura within the framework of a traineeship programme of the European Foundation of Human Rights, www.efhr.eu.