- January 3, 2013
Sacrifice of the Cross in Sużany
The last Sunday, on December the 30th, after a Mass in the St. Felix of Valois church in Sużany, a Cross has been blessed by The Reverend Monsignor, Eduardas Kirstukas.
The oldest records on that city date back to XVIII century, but archeological research prove that the first settlements were established there in the X-XI century. The first mentions of the Chapel in The Books of Vilnius Diocese are in 1744. The present church was built in 1795. In 1856, with the financial help of Jan Tyszkiewicz, the church has been renovated. The Temple, built of stone, is maintained in the classic style with the elements of gothic inside.
Tłumaczenie Bartłomiej Cichoń w ramach praktyk w Europejskiej Fundacji Praw Człowieka, www.efhr.eu. Translated by Bartłomiej Cichoń the framework of a traineeship programme of the European Foundation of Human Rights, www.efhr.eu.