- March 14, 2016
The most cheerful school in the Vilnius region 2016 – the Joachim Lelewel High School
The title of the Most Cheerful School in the Vilnius Region, that is the Grand Prix of the “StuDnia 2016” Cabaret went to the Joachim Lelewel High School. On Thursday, 10th March, the best prom programs of Polish schools in the Vilnius region were presented on the stage of the Polish Cultural Center for the second time.
Six Polish schools presented their programs during the final gala of the “StuDnia 2016” Cabaret, in the Prom category: the Jan Śniadecki Junior High School in Šalčininkai, the Joachim Lelewel High School, the Adam Mickiewicz Junior High School, the Szymon Konarski High School, the Ignacy Kraszewski Junior High School, and the Jan Paweł II Junior High School.
5 teams presented their programs in the Open category: 2 teams from the Michał Baliński Junior High School in Jašiūnai, BezSzans duet, the Jan Paweł Junior High School, and Tabula Rasa.
– This event is special for us because it is double. We did not speak about it loudly but today you are also guests at a birthday party – Wilnoteka website celebrates its 6th anniversary. I hope that we will meet again in a year, two, or three. Because when you graduate and you are students, you will readily come back here to us, but this time in a new category – Open. We created it this year and we already have new participants – said Walenty Wojniłło from wilnoteka.lt, which is the main organizer and initiator of the event.
Józef Kwiatkowski, a member of Parliament from Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania, the head of the Association of Teachers of Polish schools in Lithuania “Macierz Szkolna”, told “Kurier” that it has been a long time since it was so cheerful in the Polish Cultural Center.
– It was a great event. I enjoy the fact that our youth do not only present themselves well, but also have many wonderful ideas. In their skits they use not only school, but also political life. And this means that they are interested in politics. It is through their performances that they say things that are hard to say outright. We can be proud to have such wonderful youth – said Józef Kwiatkowski.
Vitalijus Cololo, Lithuanian comedian and one of the jurors, said that some skits of the “StuDnia 2015” Cabaret gala could be easily presented on the stage of Polish cabaret.
– I was surprised that some participants acted as a duet, and not, as it often is, as a group of performers. I saw many talented people on the stage. It is nice that we have professional singers this year. I think that next year during evaluation we will be able to give additional points for singing. Polish talents in Lithuania – it is really good. In comparison with the previous year, the level of performances is higher, which is good – Vitalijus Cololo told “Kurier”.
The shows were evaluated by jurors: Walenty Wojniłło from wilnoteka.lt, singer Katarzyna Zvonkuvienė, comedian Vitalijus Cololo, Kazimierz Karpicz, the principal of the Balinski Palace Museum in Jašiūnai, a representative of “Macierz Szkolna” and Witold Rudzianiec, the owner of the “Sakwa” café, an actor of the Polish Studio Theatre in Vilnius.
The evaluation committee admitted accordingly that all the performances were at a high level and it was really hard to choose the best ones.
The title of the Most Cheerful School in the Vilnius Region, that is the Grand Prix of the “StuDnia 2016” Cabaret went to the Joachim Lelewel High School. The comedians reminded in their skit the history of Igor Mołotkow, who stole a Kalashnikov rifle from from the police and put whole Vilnius on its feet.
The jury also granted two parallel awards of the I degree to the Jan Paweł II Junior High School and the Ignacy Kraszewski Junior High School. The award of the II degree went to the Adam Mickiewicz Junior High School.
– It is great fun! We are very pleased with the II place, of course we would like to win. But this is not the most important. We are glad that we could do something together, perhaps for the last time. In our skit we wanted to show our teachers. We hope that they will not feel offended… We are also happy that we gathered the biggest number of “likes” on Facebook! – said the students of the Adam Mickiewicz Junior High School.
Two parallel awards of the I degree in the „Open” category went to – BezSzans duet and the Tabula Rasa team.
The award of the II degree went to the students of the Jan Paweł II Junior High School in Vilnius.
Special acting awards were granted to: Ewelina Molis from the Jan Paweł II Junior High School, Józef Kuczyński from the Adam Mickiewicz Junior High School, and Artur Adam Markowski from Tabula Rasa.
The hall was full of people.
– I was here also last year. Some say that our youth cannot have fun, so they should come here and see! I really liked their scenes. It is difficult to choose the best one. For me, they are all good. It can be seen right from the start that they have put much effort in it. It was pleasant to watch the youth have fun – Danuta Grablewska from Vilnius told “Kurier”.
The clapping, chanting and whistling fans with banners were supporting the struggle of their teams presenting humorous scenes. It has been a long time since the hall of the Polish Cultural Center was so crowded, cheerful, and relaxed.
During the final gala of the “StuDnia 2016” Cabaret, a contest for the fans was held. The Ignacy Józef Kraszewski Junior High School won.
A Facebook voting contest for the largest number of the so-called “likes” also took place. The biggest number of “likes” was gathered by the Adam Mickiewicz Junior High School.
The winners of the „StuDnia 2016” Cabaret won superb prizes.
A trip to Brussels at the invitation of a Member of the European Parliament Waldemar Tomaszewki, the head of the Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania (EAPL).
The Baltic Sea cruise – Tallinn-Helsinki-Stockholm. The founder of the cruise is the Vilnius Region Credit Union.
A canoeing trip (10 canoes) + the Polish Cultural Center hall for a prom or any other school event.
A balloon flight over the Vilnius region with Roman Mikielewicz, the best balloonist in Lithuania. The founder of the prize is, of course, Mr. Roman himself.
A touristic plane sightseeing flight over the Vilnius region. The founder of the prize is the “Aerocentras” family company of Teresa and Tadeusz Sołowiej.
An integration training and playing with a husky in the Adventure Academy. The prize founders are Jolanta and Hubert Bluj, who run the “Adventure Academy” („Nuotykių akademija”) in Žalgiris village (the Elektrėnai region).
The Polish Feast, that is the taste of “Macierz” in the “Sakwa” café (a coupon of 500 euro). The founder of the prize is another family company, famous for delicious Polish cuisine the “Sakwa” café run by Witold Rudzianiec.
Invitations to Multiplex for any movie for the whole team.