• July 14, 2011
  • 272

Renovated and modernized kindergartens in Niemenczyn, Kowalczuki, Niemież

On the 29th of July 2010 Local Government Administration of the Vilnius Region Together with the Ministry of Economy of Lithuania and Entrepreneurship Support Agency signed a contract concerning the running and financing the projects of kindergarten renovation in Niemenczyn, Kawalczuki and Niemież (all three in the Vilnus region). The project is based on the program “Renovating Public Facilities on a Regional Level.”

The costs of renovating and modernization of the kindergartens amounted to the following: 916 000 Lt in Niemenczyn, 506 000 Lt in Niemiez and 391 000 Lt in Kowalczuki.

85% of the allocated funds were obtained from the EU Cohesion Fund, while the remaining 15% comes from the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania.

The primary objective of the projects is to increase energy efficiency.

With a view to  saving energy, using resources more efficiently, reducing fuel consumption and improving microclimatic conditions in kindergarten facilities, the roofs, walls and floors have been insulated, new doors and windows have been fitted and heating and ventilation systems have been  reconstructed.

All of these have resulted in lowered energy consumption, better microclimatic conditions, uniform temperature within the facilities and implementing all energy-saving measures.

Consequently, implementing these projects is estimated to save in a year’s time: 245.71 MWh in Niemenczyn, 133.24 MWh in Niemież and 109.64 MWh in Kowalczuki.

http://kurierwilenski.lt/2011/07/14/odnowiono-i-unowoczesniono-przedszkola-w-niemenczynie-niemiezu-i-kowalczukach/

Tłumaczenie Michał Sodowski w ramach praktyk w Europejskiej Fundacji Praw Człowieka, www.efhr.eu Translated by Michał Sodowski within the framework of a traineeship programme of the European Foundation of Human Rights, www.efhr.eu


Related post

‘Half a loaf is better than none’? New national minorities bill.

Up until now, the Lithuanian national minorities’ rights have been regulated partially by special laws (e.g.…

White-and-red march through Vilnius and a rally in schools’ defence. ‘Poles want normalcy’.

A two thousandth white-and-red march passed through the streets of Vilnius on Saturday, March 23. Participants…

Issues of Polish education have been raised in front of parents and teachers.

The discussion on current issues in Polish education in Lithuania was initiated by the Forum of…